photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

December 30, 2014

End of the Year Hibernation

Y'all...I've missed you! I am so sorry that I've been MIA pretty much the whole month of November and December but a lot has been going on that I can't wait to fill you in on. First, as most all of you know, Will and I are getting married in June! With most of the planning complete, we are taking the next 165 days to prepare for not just our wedding but our marriage. To me, planning for our marriage is far more important than planning our actual wedding day.

June is also the month that our lease were we currently live ends. It's  been a wonderful place for us over the past two years, but it lacks storage space and the square footage that we feel we need. With that in mind, we knew that neither one of us wanted to worry about having to find another place to live so close to our wedding day and want to be "settled" before the big day so in December we both felt it was time to start our search.
After countless hours of browsing the web and back and forth email conversations to people, we came across and viewed a townhouse in the heart of Dilworth that is just PERFECT! It's  location is ideal for us, has great amenities (such as a bigger kitchen that I love) and I could go on and on about how excited I am that we came across this gem but will save that for another post. Long story short we said YES to the townhouse and can't wait to move into our new home at the end of January! Below is a sneak peek of the kitchen...
 
So finding our first married home was a huge task that we had to worked through and are glad to have checked off our to-do list. Did I mention we had to also find someone to take over the remainder of our lease term, and plan for and schedule a moving truck and movers? Yeah, that took a chunk of our time and attention as well.

December was also filled with wedding related tasks like setting a date for my bridal shower, narrowing down location options for the bachelorette party and working on a few DIY projects. Towards the beginning of wedding planning I was overwhelmed and felt very stressed knowing all that was needed to be accomplished. I still get stressed at times, but have been taking more time to enjoy every moment I have of this stage in life. It's not everyday that you plan your own wedding and I want to look back and be satisfied with the process as a whole.

Towards the end of the month I got a lot of my Christmas shopping done and packed my bags so that Will, Miller and I were ready for a fun filled week-long vacation spent in Greensboro (where my family lives), Clayton (where Will's dad family lives) and Raleigh (where Will's mom family was) to celebrate Christmas.
 
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays and a time of year that I always look forward to...one of the main reasons is for the mere fact that I love spoiling family and friends with well deserved gifts. Some completely random. Some handmade. Some expensive. Some right within the budget. But all are thoughtful. Gifts are not what makes a Christmas one to be remembered, but the time spent celebrating the birth of Jesus and quality time with loved ones is what makes the heart of Christmas really standout amongst all of the other holidays.

So that's what I've been up to and why I've been MIA lately and hope you understand! I really do hate going even a day or two without blogging but like most everyone, I have to do my best at prioritizing and reminding myself of what matters most at the end of the day. I'm looking forward to seeing all that God has prepared to show me in 2015 and am ready to get back on the blogging bandwagon <3

5 comments :

  1. Girl- I am so happy that y'all found a new place… yay!!!!! Ps. do you know if any happen to be for sale or just rent?! It looks adorable and you can't beat Dilworth! And how did Will like his Man Crate- I'm thinking of getting that for Ryan for V-Day.. that or a man bouquet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the townhouse! That is so, so exciting! So glad everything is settling into place!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new kitchen!! The center counter is going to be so nice to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new place and glad to hear that you all had a lovely Christmas. Dilworth is such an awesome neighborhood and honestly I've always wanted to buy a home in that community. Hope the New Year has gotten off to a wonderful start for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so exciting! Take it all in and savor it..it will be over in the blink of an eye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...