photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

February 1, 2016

January Review + February Goals

Happy Monday and first day of "love" month friends! One month down, 11 more to go! I don't know about you but I'm sooo glad it's February. January was a good month and all, and I'm really enjoying 2016 so far, but the first month of a new year always tends to be a little bit of a challenge for me. You feel me?

I always make a list of all the things I want to accomplish, whether it be weekly, monthly, or yearly goals. Half way through January I found myself stressing out and forgetting to take things day by day. But this month I'm going to do a better job at reminding myself to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. But like I said, January was good and I was able to check off a few of my goals I set for the year which was a win in my book!

January accomplishments:

Spend two + weekends visiting our parents (not including the holidays). My mom had knee surgery at the end of December so I decided to stay with my parents for a few days and keep mom company and helped with a few tasks around their house. Will wasn't able to come with since I went during the week, but I still counted this as time with family!

Reach out to my group of girlfriends on a weekly basis. I'm really proud of myself for this one. It might sound silly but I created a note in my phone that contains a list of my favorite people that I use as a reminder of who I need to reach out to regularly. Maintaining relationships is important to me and I often get caught up with all that's going on in my life. I wanted to do a better job this year at putting others first and this has been really helpful.

Clean out my closet and invest in essential items. I was able to clean out my closet and ended up with two boxes full of items I was able to sell and give to Goodwill. Next on my list is taking inventory of what I have left in my closet and then create a list of items I want to invest in. One thing I know I want, and is an essential item in my book, is a pair of nude pumps like these or these.

Develop a 30 minute morning quite time routine that I do everyday. Ehh, I tried to adopt this new routine but was not successful at doing it everyday like I wanted and I will tell you why. I have a hard time and get overwhelmed with myself when I try to utilize too many resources at once. There were so many things I wanted to incorporate into my quite time such as reading Jesus Calling, Join The Journey, and reading my First 5 and Joyce Meyer apps. This didn't work and I had to step away for a few days and re-evaluate my plan of action which is to focus on using just one or two of these. Any advice you can give would be so appreciated!

Find a CPA to help us with our taxes. We did some research and asked around for recommendations and scheduled a meeting with a CPA this week to see if they are a good fit for us.

Help Will pay off the rest of his student loans. I am proud to say we are DEBT FREE! Yay!

Take a SkillPop class and discover a new passion. Last week I took a class on Interior Design which was led by the amazingly talented Sarah Scott. I loved learning about top paint colors and what trends are in for 2016. I HIGHLY recommend taking a SkillPop class if your in the Charlotte area.

Read at least six new books. Last month, I read The Ten Best Days of My Life by Adena Halpern.

Take a weekend getaway to the Blue Ridge Mountains with Will's parent. Check! We stayed at Alpine Escape Cabin and had fun playing board games, enjoyed the snowy weather and exploring the downtown area.

Goals for February:

1. Host a game night at our house.

2. Back up all photos/documents/etc. on my laptop.

3. Increase my prayer life.

4. Try new plan for having quite time in the morning.

5. Pick a CPA and start working on our taxes.

6. NO SODA!

7. Meal-plan healthier lunch and dinner options.

8. Read Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst which I started a few days ago and I'm already hooked.

9. Start planning for our trip to Chicago. Let me know of places to go, things to do, etc.!  

What are your goals for the month?

5 comments :

  1. SkillPop?!?! Never heard of this but definitely checking it out. And cheers to being debt free, that's awesome. Unfortunately, I'll have quite a while before I'm saying that :(

    xo, Kristina
    Medicine & Manicures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you accomplished a lot in January! I love the one about reaching out to your friends. I should do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals! Do you keep a prayer journal? That's definitely helped with my prayer life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very overwhelmed when I started my quiet/prayer time in the morning. I use my bible & lara casey's write the word journal...and sometimes a prayer journal. it's helped me to simplify & still get into the word. I do want to do a SRT study but will add that in later :) Reading Unglued was on my list too! and YAY for being debt free!!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...