photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

August 26, 2014

Road Trips & The Ice Bucket Challenge

So I started off my week by hitting the snooze button a few too many times, hence my late start to the day resulting in not having time before work to write a blog post yesterday. Whoops! But it's never to late to give a quick recap of my weekend...

Late in the week last week I made a last minute decision to leave Miller and Will behind in Charlotte (insert guys night) to go to Winston-Salem to visit Kate and her sweet new pup Raleigh! Not only was she the cutest little girl ever, but so well trained for only being 10 weeks old.

Late Friday night, Kate and I went to District Roof Top Bar and Grille for dinner were we caught up on life and then enjoyed yummy dessert at Sweet Potatoes before heading back to Kate's house to sip on some wine, curled up on the couch and enjoyed much needed girl time.
Early Saturday morning, I drove back to Charlotte and Will and I got brunch at Nan and Byron's. I highly recommend this place if you have never been before! Because Will and I have been traveling every single weekend, we decide to have a slow rest of the day and let's just say I thoroughly enjoyed it! Being able to lay on the couch, catching up on a few past episodes of Suits was just what we needed. Later that night we went to dinner at Noodle's and then went over to my coworker and friend Allison's new apartment which was beyond adorable. Allison feel free to come decorate my place anytime you want!

Sunday was pretty much like Saturday but more time was spent at home. Will had to go into work so I did some laundry and other household "chores" that needed to be done. Monday was here before I knew it, but I was excited for five o'clock to roll around so that Caitlin and I could head to Blo Charlotte, a blow dry bar on Selwyn Avenue. You can't miss them when trying to find their location because of their bright pink sign out front. But what were Caitlin and I doing here you might ask? We were not there just to get our hair done, but to take part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!

I found out Blo Charlotte was offering free blowouts to anyone who took the challenge outside their salon, and not only that, but they too donated the cost of each blowout to the ALS foundation! Caitlin and I also contributed money to the foundation and even though we were nervous about the water being ice cold (which is was) we were extremely excited to help spread the word about ALS and it's deadliness. To see Caitlin and I do the Ice Bucket Challenge, you can view it here for the full video!

After completing the challenge, the wonderful ladies at Blo gave us the most wonderful blowouts! I selected the Pillow Talk style from the hair menu and Cait got the Holly Would look. We were in and out in under an hour so for those of you who would love to participate, give the girls over at Blo Charlotte a call and pick a time to make a visit. And if you give them a call by the end of the first week in September, you can take part in the Ice Bucket Challenge like we did.  

Later that day, I went home and made dinner and watched the Emmy's which was really good this year! Later this week I will do a post on all of my favorite looks from the Red Carpet. I'd be interested in knowing who you thought was best dressed this year so leave a comment and let me know!

To learn more about the Ice Bucket Challenge or to gain a better understanding of what the ALS Association is, visit their website for all the details and information one needs to know.

4 comments :

  1. so cool that the salon was giving blowouts for everyone who participated! loved your vid :)

    xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your video on Instagram! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pup is absolutely adorable- what a cute,fluffy, smiling face :)
    And the colour of the rug suits her fur-well, fashion is everything ;)

    xx
    Mila
    www.milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...