photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

March 9, 2015

Dining Room Inspiration

Fact: I have a love affair with all things french country and shabby chic, especially when it comes to kitchens and dining rooms. There's something about these styles and a weathered look that makes everything feel cozy and extremely inviting. Had you asked me ten years ago how I envisioned one of these types of rooms, I would have told you that I thought they would be filled with dark furniture, everything was old and people who lived away from the city and in the country were the only ones to have these types of rooms in their house. But that is so not the case! 

Over the past couple of years, I've come across hundreds of shabby chic kitchens and french country inspired dining rooms (like the ones shown below...thanks Pinterest) that are picture perfect and will have you wanting to re-decorate in no time at all. Since February, when Will and I moved, I've been having that urge and have been dreaming up the type of dining room I want for our first married home.
Orb chandelier / farmhouse table

(one) (two

For me, it's always been important that there be some sort of color scheme in mind and that the room doesn't feel"dull". Having a mix of light and dark colored furniture can either be your best friend or your worst enemy depending on how you dress it up. Right now, Will and I have a small brown wooden table that has been great, but is something we've outgrown, especially since we want to start having more friends and family over and hosting dinners!

Later this week I'll be sharing some photos of our current dining room. I love the space but feel it's time for a facelift...that's were some new furniture pieces come into play and the first photo is a combination of pieces that showcase a bunch of inspiration of what I have in mind. Will and I both would love to find an affordable farmhouse table and to brighten the room I would love to find either white chairs or chairs in a pretty pastel color. But when it come's to finding decor and other pieces to bring my look together, I need your help and suggestions.

Where can I look for french country and shabby chic pieces? What color schemes do you think would look best? Any recommendations of certain items that are a must to have?

Hope y'all have a wonderful Monday! I'm having some girls over tonight to watch The Bachelor finale so that's what I'll be thinking about to get me through this workday!


4 comments :

  1. I love the look! I am in the process of decorating my dining room now and have a similar inspiration style in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shabby chic look is the perfect balance of vintage and girly designs. I'm not surprised that many prefer that look. I think people never really outgrew their love for vintage designs, even though modern styles are also in demand right now. Anyway, I love the inspirations you picked out. I'm sure you'll be able to materialize a dining room as lovely as those someday, Melissa. Thanks for sharing! All the best to you! :)

    John Lambert @ Cape Coral Lots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those inspiration pictures! Farmhouse tables are perfect because they can be styled so many different ways! I would definitely check places like TJMaxx, Home Goods, Ross Dress for Less, and stores for unique, affordable items! Can't wait to see all the pictures of your new place! I love love love designing and decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute inspiration pictures. I agree, I am a French Country style girl all the way. I am even using it as our wedding theme. Joanna Gains on the HGTV show Fixer Upper has a great blog at themagnoliamom.blogspot and instagram that I "steal" inspiration from. I have seen a huge selection at TJMaxx lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...