After taking any amount of time away from blogging, it can often be hard to figure out where to pick back up. In February alone, Will and I moved to a townhouse in my favorite area of Charlotte, Dilworth. Once we unpack the last of our boxes, I'll do a blog post so you can see the place I get to call home! But if you follow me on Instagram (@mmackvick) I just posted a sneak peek of our kitchen! Over the month, I've also marked a LOT of items off the wedding to-do list, finished reading Divine Applause which I'll do a book review on next week and joined the Y and plan to start attending classes a few times a week.
But seriously y'all, time has flown by at a rapid pace and I can't believe it's already March! There have been days when I wish I had made more time to sit down to blog, but I'm glad that I was able to see that there were other things that I needed to point my focus towards. But I can't go back and can only go forward and thought that the best way to get back into the groove of things is to reintroduce myself. Sure you can visit my about page and learn the basics and some things I share you may already know, but hopefully you'll learn something new about me through this post.
- I have naturally curly and sometimes unruly hair that's impossible to grow out to the length I want.
- My personality type is an ESFJ which I found out in college and feel is 100% accurate.
- I really don't like my handwriting and have printed out practice sheets in the past in hopes to improve it...but I'm still not satisfied with the way it looks.
- One of my favorite movies is Breakfast at Tiffany's, so it's no surprise that one book I could read over and over again is Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson.
- I've always enjoyed being able to travel, but it wasn't until I studied abroad in Greece my sophomore year of college that I truly fell head over heels in love with it. Will and I literally have a multiple page list of all the places we want to go in the coming years and I may or may not have additional lists of all of the must go-to spots that I want to check out for each.
- I watch as much Good Morning America as I can before work every single day.
- I eat breakfast 7 days a week and don't think I would be able to function if I skipped it. I've tried. #fail
- I love to scrapbook and collect photographs...there's something about being able to walk down memory lane and "relive" special moments in one's life that's captivating .
- Giving gifts and surprising others is something I enjoy doing as much as I possibly can, but don't personally do well when the surprise is for me.
- Currently Will and I have one furbaby named Miller who just turned 4 and in the next few years would like to welcome another pup into our home...most likely a Golden Retriever puppy we name Stella or Charlotte.
- I have a huge sweet tooth and am guilty of sometimes eating dessert before my actual meal.
- In third grade I went to a private school and was the only girl (besides my teacher) in a classroom of six or seven boys.
- I love candles and have multiple in each room of my house that I light on a daily basis.
- I feel that having just one bookshelf in your house in not acceptable.
- I color coordinate the clothes and shoes in my clothes and would have to say that my favorite color is gold.