photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

December 4, 2015

A guide to One World Observatory and Brooklyn


Happy Friday! Hope you enjoyed yesterday's city guide for NYC! If you didn't catch it, you can take a look at it here. Today I wanted to focus on our time at One World Observatory and Brooklyn! The whole experience of One World Observatory was outstanding. It was truly an amazing experience. After visiting, I highly recommend dedicating at least an hour to take everything in. Also, try to buy your tickets ahead of time to save yourself from having to stand in line. The day we went, we saw the line was really long so we were thankful to have gotten our tickets before our trip!

Let me tell you a little about our experience though. Before hopping in one of the elevators for a quick 60 second ride up 102 floors, you start in the global welcome center were you continue forward through an area that leads you to the sky pod elevators. The elevators are one of the coolest features of the observatory and inside you will notice floor-to-ceiling LED technology were you experience a virtual time-lapse of NYC's skyline development over the years. Really cool. I wish I had gotten a photo to share but maybe next time!
Once you reach the top, you view a two minute presentation before heading to your final destination; the main observatory! You guys, the views are amazing. I literally was speechless with the 360 degree views. The sun was even shining and our view was crystal clear!
After taking in all of the breathtaking views, we took the metro over to Brooklyn. Brooklyn was right up my alley in terms of neighborhood vibes. Before we started exploring, we got pizza at Fascati Pizza in Brooklyn Heights. Will was in heaven and thought this was the best pizza he has ever had. I on the other hand like my pizza's with thick crust.
After eating lunch, we walked through Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO, Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens. Cobble Hill was by far my favorite with all of the brownstone-lined streets home to trendy cafes and historic buildings galore. If in the Brooklyn Heights area, make sure to take a quick stroll down the Promenade which is a really pretty boardwalk area overlooking the Statue of Liberty and downtown Manhattan.

Even though our feet were killing (mine in particular) we wanted to walk the Brooklyn Bridge and had timed it just right...the sun was getting ready to set right as we found the entrance! Walking the bridge was a fun adventure. Even though it was crowded with bikers and lot's of people, we still enjoyed our leisurely stroll. Anytime we come to NYC, I think this will be one stop we always make.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...