photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

March 2, 2016

February Review + March Goals

Do you guys feel like January and February were here and gone in the blink of the eye or what? It feels like yesterday I was ringing in the New Year, and here we are three months into 2016 already. Last night before I settled down for the day, I took a few moments to think back on all that I did in February and feel pretty proud of all the things I accomplished! To be honest, I've actually found it fun and really helpful to keep track of my yearly goals and to review them at the start of each month. It's been an eye opener and a reminder that I should "strive for progress, not perfection" because there's no such thing as perfect. With that said, here's a look into last month and my goals for March.

February
 
- Hosted a game night with one of our favorite couples.
 
- Finished reading Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst and The Artist's Daughter by Alexandra Kuykendall. I'm planning to do a book review on Unglued in the coming weeks!
 
- Booked an apartment through Airbnb and started planning our trip to Chicago this April. Leave a comment below and let me know your recommendations for restaurants to try and fun things to do! 
 
- Started a list of weekly meal ideas for Will and I. Y'all, meal planning is HARD! Cooking is not my favorite thing to do by any means but I don't mind it all that much. I dread grocery shopping and have had a hard time figuring out different meals for us to try each week but through some recommendations from friends and a few hours on Pinterest, I've come up with a handful of new recipes to experiment with. 
 
- Was part of a Southern Newlywed feature for Southern Weddings Magazine and got to work with a favorite local photographer of mine; Allison Kuhn! You can see the photos and read about our coffee date here.
 
- Welcomed my second niece (Isabella Rose) into the world and we are absolutely smitten!
 
- Attended a friends engagement party.
March
 
- Attend the Abundance Conference.
 
- Continue to increase my prayer life with Will and in my quite time. Thanks for the recommendations I've received! Having a prayer journal has been a huge help!
 
- Review our bank accounts and set financial goals.
 
- Go the whole month without a single soda. I don't drink soda all that often but I've set the goal to go a full month each quarter (4x a year) doing this with the hopes of decreasing my cravings overtime. To some this may be easy, but I tried to do this last month...and yeah...baby steps remember?!
 
- Continue finding meal planning ideas and eat dinner at home four times a week.
 
- Finish reading Make it Happen by Lara Casey. I've been going through this book with my sweet friend Sarah Scott and having someone to discuss this book with has helped me hold myself accountable at answering the questions in the book. Lara is a powerful writer and every time I finish a chapter I feel empowered. This is hands down a MUST read!
 
- Finish planning Will's birthday weekend which is a few weeks away. I've got most of his "surprise date" figured out but have to finalize a few details and we are all set! Fun fact: I love surprising people but have a hard time keeping them to myself. I just get so excited. Ha! 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...