photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

May 20, 2014

May Stitch Fix

Surprise, Surprise! Oh how I love a good surprise, especially if it's a little box from Stitch Fix waiting at my doorstep! I heard about this service about a year ago, but never knew much about it until recently when I decided to check out their website and truly learned what it was all about. I like to think of Stitch Fix as an online fashion retailer were you are given your very own personal stylist. How great does that sound?!

So here is how it works. First, you complete a Style Profile that is super easy and fun to take...maybe because I like doing quizzes, but you get the picture! Then you'll answer questions regarding your height, weight, clothing size, style preferences (such as feminine, preppy, boho, edgy etc.) along with price ranges you'd like to stick to. After that, you will be shown groups of different outfits and accessories and rate how much  you like them. Next, you move on to the another section that asks you if there are any colors, patterns, fabrics or accessories that you want to steer clear of. For me, I said I did not want to receive any yellow or orange items of clothing, clothing that was sheer, or rings. You also have the option to give links to your social media sites so that your personal stylist can get to know you better so I did that with one of my Pinterest boards and Instagram.

After you have completed all of the above, you are now ready to schedule your "fix"! I like this option because you get to decided when you want something to come to you, and have it work around your schedule and liking. I received my first two fixes earlier this month and couldn't wait to tear them open to see what beauties were inside! What's inside will be five items that are likely a combination of what you indicated in your Style Profile which is nice.

Once your box has shipped, you pay a $20 "styling fee", which is used on any items that you decide to keep from your box. You will have three days to decide what you want to keep, so take that time to pair your items with different things you already have in your closet. Make sure you utilize the little styling cards that are also enclosed in each box because they showcase different ways you can wear each item that you receive. This is very helpful because a lot of times I don't know how to style certain things and being able to see different ideas really helps!

One you decide on what you want to send back, the process is a piece of cake. All you have to do is place the items that you don't want into the enclosed pre-paid shipping bag and drop it off at any USPS mailbox. Then head over to Stitch Fix and complete the return survey. Provide feedback on each item so that your stylist knows what you thought and then schedule your next fix if you want! Super easy. If you decide to keep all 5 pieces in your box, you'll get 25% off your total purchase!

So without further ado, here is my review on the items I've received in my first two boxes!

One item I did not take a picture of to review is the red dress shown above on the top styling card because when I took it out of the box, noticed that it was torn on the side...thus I did not try it on. I contact Stitch Fix about this and they immediately apologized and sent me a second box on the house (thus why I got two boxes in one month)!
 
Johnny Skinny Jeans by Kensie Jeans - $88. I liked these and am in need of another pair of skinny jeans, but these were a little too tight around the waist and although fit fine while standing up, were too tight when sitting down. So I sent these back.
 
Mulliken Raglan Striped Knit Shirt by Olive & Oak - $48. Oh how soft this shirt was! The colors of this shirt were vibrant and would be ideal for a day lounging around or running errands, but I did not like how long it was in the back so I decided not to keep it.
 Kerra Crew Neck Lace Blouse by Daniel Rainn - $68. I liked this item the most out of my first box because of the lace detail and overall quality of the shirt. However, for the price and the fact that the lace material only covered the front side of the shirt, I decided to send it back.
 Sheila Bead Collar Detail Dress by 41Hawthorn - $78. Oh how I wish this dress had fit me a little better! I loved the color of the dress, and the beaded detail around the neckline but it hit right below the knee and made me look shorter then I already am. So I sent this beauty back.
Ellyse Floral Print Flutter Sleeve Dress by Ezra - $48. I loved that I received a floral dress and this one was much better then the two that were in my first box but it seemed to be to big in the waist area. I sent this item back but if I had kept it, it would have been perfect to wear this summer and with nude wedges.
Anita Ponte Pant by Liverpool - $78. These pants felt like butter on my skin. They were beyond soft and stretchy in all the right ways. However, like my first box, I already have enough pairs of black pants so I sent these back even though they were perfect in size, quality and price.
Burgdorf Diamond Printed Henley Blouse by Fun2Fun - $38. All I can say is NO. This blouse was not for me. The colors washed me out and the sizing was all wrong. Notice how long the blouse was in the back. I sent this back and told my stylist to please send me items are are all one length for my next box!
Myrah Swiss Dot & Lace Detail Blouse by Ezra - $48. This item was one for keeps! I loved the color, the material, and the patterns on this blouse. I was happy with the fit and couldn't wait to style it with my favorite pair of white jeans.
Vivienne Floral Print Sleeveless Blouse by Daniel Rainn - $68. Again, another blouse that was way to long in the back. Is this a trend that I just hate or what? The fabric was thin and I would have had to wear a cami underneath and for $68, it just wasn't meant to be so I sent this one back.

Overall, I am liking Stitch Fix and am excited to get my third box in June. If you are interested in signing up, you can use this link as an invitation.


* I am in no way affiliated with Stitch Fix and was not paid to write this review. I purchased this items with my own money and  think this is an awesome service and wanted to spread the word about it!

6 comments :

  1. I would love to do something like this, but the problem is that I have the hardest time finding clothes that fit me right. I'm so unpredictable when it comes to sizing and theres just no way it would work for me. It's a bummer, too, because I've heard so many fun things about this company and it looks fun to randomly get clothes in the mail and literally be able to shop without leaving the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I loved everything! (besides that cream blouse :p) Hopefully your stylist gets the sizing right next time since you probably would have kept a lot more. My box arrives next week - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen stitch fix & even completed my survey portion but never scheduled a fix because I was so unsure of how the prices worked (the whole box or piece by piece). Thank you for such a detailed review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your honest reviews and really want to give this a try. I love the top you kept and it looks perfect on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound like a cool concept.. so do you pay for the items you keep plus an extra $20?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...