photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

June 26, 2013

The Queen City

So I am now a Charlotte resident...saying that still seems so surreal. Will and I had been talking and praying for MONTHS about me making the move to Charlotte, and finally the opportunity had arrived and I was ready to start this semi-new adventure into the unknown! You might say to yourself, "HELLOOOO, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN EASY DECISION TO MAKE"! But it wasn't...not in the least bit. I had been in Raleigh since 2007, had finally gotten to know my way around Raleigh without having to depend on my GPS, had great coworkers, a stable job, an amazing community "groop", and was in love with the church I went to.

But then there was Will, and our relationship. Long distance was so tough on both of us. Having to commute back and fourth was hard on Miller. Things weren't as easy and I of course wasn't as happy as I had been when Will was closer. I knew that if I moved to Charlotte, I couldn't afford to live alone, so the only options would be to find another roommate (I didn't want to have to worry about that hassle) or live with Will. All my life, I felt that one should not live with their boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage. What would you have to look forward to after you exchanged vows? What would there be to learn about the other person if you already lived with them? At the same time as those thoughts ran through my head daily, my relationship with God was being tested due to what the distance presented for me; worry, anxiety, fear, and doubt. I didn't want to leave behind all that I had gained over the years in Raleigh, but I knew that distance wasn't going to help further Will and I's relationship towards marriage. We needed to be together again...in the same city, even if that meant going outside the norm and living together.

And so, with weeks of constant prayer and reassurance from friends and family, I made the decision (finally) to leave behind my job and the life I had made for myself in Raleigh. Will and I looked online for a place we could call home for at least two years, and quickly came upon a precious condo in the Elizabeth/Myers Park area of Charlotte! I was just smitten with the place, it's location and all it's 1200 square feet had to offer.
So what has life been like for me since the move? Lots of disorganization, boxes to unpack, Miller to entertain, endless hours of searching and applying for a new job, and having to depend on my handy dandy GPS to get me from place to place. But, despite all of those setbacks, the move has presented me with the opportunity to spend so much (needed) time with Jesus; praying and reading his word. I feel closer to God (and Will) more then I have in months! I have been able to wake up each morning thinking "what do I want to accomplish today". I have to say that it feels pretty darn good to step outside of a life that was so routine/planned/scheduled...

I can say I have mastered the art of unpacking and have been able to enjoy my free time without worrying what needs to be done next. And let me add that I have only been here for four full days and have already landed a second interview for a position with Primary Physicians Care--so please send prayers my way!

There is still so much work to be done at the condo, but I can't wait to share photos with you all and to give you more updates on how things are going :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...