photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

February 10, 2014

Rest

Good Morrrrning! Today i'm gonna keep this post short and sweet. This past weekend I took things slow. Why? Because I had the stomach virus again and decided that maybe I haven't been giving my body the amount of rest it's needed. And even though I had a million things I wanted to accomplish, I made sure to take care of myself first! Will also did an excellent job checking on and taking care of me while I laid in bed and lounged on the couch most of the weekend (major boyfriend bonus points right there).

It's hard to always realize and accept that fact that its okay to rest. Resting doesn't mean you are lazy. And its not always fun. I get that! But everyone needs it. Each and every one of us needs to take time to pause and recollect, especially at the pace of life we live.

But in the mist of my downtime, I was able to sneak in a few hours of Downtown Abbey and the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics! What did ya'll think of the opening ceremony? Are you excited to watch any of the competitions this year?
And don't forget to enter the giveaway to win (15 hours left to go) the above Grateful Heart gold foil print from the B is for Bonnie Shop! I bought this print for myself and have it hanging by my front door at home. It's a great reminder of having a heart that is grateful for all things, and I mean, come on...it's pretty adorable and perfect to win around Valentine's Day! Good luck!

9 comments :

  1. Awww it seems like more than half of today's posts are about everyone being sick! No good!!!
    Hope you feel better soon. :D
    Stopping by from the weekend link up

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my body decides not to co-operate, it's always a good sign to slow down! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kristan! I am finally feeling better, thank the Lord! Oh! I tried to reply to you via email but you are a no-reply blogger so I couldn't! I wrote a blog post about how to fix it a while back so below is the link if you want to check it out :)

      http://simplysweetmelissa.blogspot.com/2013/12/no-reply-bloggers.html

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to feeling better!! Stuff is definitely going around. Oh and I'm loving Downton these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy! Look! It's snowing again haha :) I am feeling much better finally too!

      Delete
  4. Aww, feel better! Being sick is the worst. The west coast is finally getting hit with the stomach bug that swept through the south. Teachers are joking that you need to wear a face mask and gloves just to enter my classroom, we got hit so badly with it.

    Rest up, and drink lots of airborne and vitamin c!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest is essential. I love this post, thank you! Absolutely adore the little wall hanging saying and the roses!! Love that picture. :)

    Moments Divine Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...