photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

April 15, 2014

Derby Days: Charlotte Edition

Are you in the Charlotte area? A fan of the Kentucky Derby? What about wearing oversize hats paired with your favorite bright, summery dress and seeing guys sport seersucker? If you answered yes, then join the Young Affiliates of the Mint on May 3rd to celebrate the annual running of the Kentucky Derby! There will be a live band, silent auction, hat contest for the ladies, a Dapper Dan contest for the best-dressed guy, a cash raffle, lawn games that includes cornhole, bocce and croquet, along with FREE food, beer and wine for you to enjoy and a large-screen so you can watch the actual race live. 

Doesn't that sound like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon? And it doesn't' stop there. Afterwards, head over to the Peculiar Rabbit for the after-party. Tickets include all of the above and try to purchase your tickets before April 19th so you can take part in the early bird price. Right now tickets are $30 for members of the Young Affiliates of the Mint Museum and $45 for non-members. After April 19th, tickets will be $40 for members and $55 for non-members.

For more information, visit the link where you can get more details, watch a video, view photos and order your tickets! Let the races begin!

8 comments :

  1. How fun! Didn't know Charlotte did that :)! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I LOVE it all! I have always wanted to go to the Kentucky Derby. The hats, the classy dresses, the pears. It is all just perfect :) I would love to get to know you more sweet girl!

    Lauren Flowers
    http://sincerelymrslo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Charlotte did this!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I were in Charlotte! This is right up my alley!

    Caitlin C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to go to this… maybe this year!!

    Kristina
    medicineandmanicures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fancy! i'm going to the actually derby, but this looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun fun! Virginia has its own steeplechase race the same day at the Derby called "Gold Cup." I couldn't be more excited for the excuse to wear a sundress and big hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...