photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

August 21, 2013

Hummingbirds

Yesterday I was in Terrie's (one boss of mine) office and came across a note that was framed by her desk. The first word that stuck out to me was hummingbirds...which was my grandmother's all-time-favorite animal. The thought of hummingbirds made me remember all of the sweet memories I have of my grandmother, and her delicate love for her friends and family...or anyone or anything for that matter. Lately my life has been moving quicker then I could keep up with, and my to-do list continued to grow because I was not able to complete all the tasks I had set out to accomplish each day.

But despite how busy I was, I took a short minute to read the note that was framed, and I am so glad that I did. It made me remember that life is precious, and to-do lists are great, but there is so much other stuff in life to focus on. It brought back memories of being at my grandmother's house, watching her make hummingbird food, and going outside to check on all of the hummingbird feeders she had hung throughout her entire front and backyard. It reminded me that we all need to savor each moment and hour that we have, because like a hummingbird, it flies right by you without any warning, and most of the time, so fast...


"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation".

1 comment :

  1. Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this
    page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post webpage

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...