photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

August 4, 2013

Party of 5

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :) I can defiantly say that mine was so much fun! The Mackvick's came to stay with Will and I, and since Ariel lives in Charlotte she joined us for all of our fun outings. Before I dive in on our weekend adventures, I just want to say that The Mackvick's are amazing...I love Jeff and Cindy SO much, and can't wait to have them as future in-laws ;) Ha! But on a more serious note, they really are such amazing and special people, and I truly love every moment I get to spend talking to them.

On Friday, Cindy and Jeff got to the condo a little after 7:00, so of course everyone was hungry. Ariel had been asking Will multiple times if we could all go to Vapiano's, so we did...and it was delish like always. I think all 5 of us would agree that Vapiano's is somewhere you should dine-in at at least once! I particularly enjoy the atmosphere because it's not like every other restaurant in Uptown Charlotte and is very reasonably priced.

**(Excerpt from Vapiano's website) Vapiano is an innovative European fast casual restaurant with a twist - customers use a "chip card" to personally order their food or drinks from the bar or from the individual fresh pizza, pasta or salad stations.

After dinner we decided to call it an early night and headed back to the condo where we lounged around watching stand up comedy and talked. The next morning, we woke up to a variety of danishes and muffins from Nova's Bakery that Jeff had gone to pick up for us before we all woke up. I had never heard of this bakery but Will and I will most certainly be heading back there in the future! After enjoying our morning meal, we sat around trying to figure out what to do for the day. We went back and fourth on options such as going to a museum uptown, to seeing a moving, to the girls hanging out and the guys hanging out but we finally made up are minds  that we wanted to be together and agreed it would be fun to go to Adventure Landing and take each down in a few rounds of putt-putt (we only made it through one round because it was soooo hot though)!

After the girls won in Putt-Putt, we caught a quick breeze by go-kartarting before calling it an afternoon. (Please note Will's face in the picture below...last place blue's haha) :)
As soon as we were done racing, we headed back to the condo and took much needed naps. The sun took so much energy out of us that we slept until it was time for dinner where we enjoyed BBQ and Burgers at Mac's, and then dessert at Amelie's!



Sunday we all slept in and went to brunch at The Original Pancake House before having to say goodbye to Jeff and Cindy and before Will had to go into work for the afternoon...

- Cinnamon Nut French Toast -

All in all, this was another amazing weekend spent with those I love so dearly. I can't thank God enough for those he has put in my life. It really is amazing to see how much he loves and cares for his children. Today and for all my days, I want to always remember what we are told to do in Psalms 107:1 which tells us to give thanks to the Lord, for he is GOOD. His love endures forever...

1 comment :

  1. We look forward to continuing to spend time with you all too. However Miller is becoming the favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...