photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

October 7, 2013

Rest & Relaxation

Happy Monday, everyone! This past weekend I ventured to Greensboro to visit my family, and oh how I love getting to go home to familiar faces and places. I love being able to drive around without having to rely on a GPS to get me from point A to point B. Sometimes a weekend that's full of rest and relaxation is just what that Doctor orders...and so, I decided to get two days of just that on Friday and Saturday.

Usually when I go back home to Greensboro I make a few appointments (hair, eyebrows and nails for me and grooming for Miller) along with planning some shopping at local boutiques that we don't have in Charlotte, but this past weekend was different. This time I only made a hair appointment for Saturday morning and decided to leave Miller behind with Will. I told myself that IT IS OKAY to get some R&R every once in awhile. IT IS OKAY to spend time with family AT HOME instead of always feeling the need to be up and running around town. IT IS OKAY to leave your furbaby behind and get some ME time. IT IS OKAY to sleep in until 10:00 am when your body needs it...and please tell me I am not the only one who loves those days when your body can just naturally wake up without being told "it's time to get up" by an annoying alarm?
Miller (far right) had a great weekend in Clayton, NC visiting the Mackvick's!
And so, my weekend was just what I needed. I savored every moment I got to spend with my parents and even made some time to catch up on a few books I have been trying to get back into reading. The only "plans" that were made the whole weekend (besides my hair appointment) was a trip to Target and going out to eat with the family on Friday and Saturday.

Dad playing with my new "chair"
Now that I am doing Pure Barre, I decided that I needed some more workout clothes, and while picking up a few pieces at Target, I decided to also get a stability ball that I can use as my "new chair" for work. Of course I won't be sitting on this 24/7, but do plan on sitting on it for at least an hour each day in hopes to better my posture and strengthen my core muscles.
Saturday evening my dad, uncle and I went to Smith Street Diner located in Downtown Greensboro. This little diner is defiantly a whole-in-the-wall, but one heck of a hidden gem! SSD serves breakfast food all day, every day and is lick your lips kinda good! Besides the cute little atmosphere, the biscuits they serve are the biggest biscuits I have ever had. Y'all, the picture below is the biscuit I had...it was literally bigger then my hand and was served on a NORMAL SIZE plate!
Besides amazing food, my hair appointment and a trip to target, my mom and I got to have girl time Saturday night and watched Oblivion. The funny thing however is it took my parents about 20 minutes to even start the movie because my dad has never gotten around to labeling all the remotes for all the electronics in the house! It was hilarious (to me) to see them going through all the remotes they could find to try and figure out which remote went with the TV mom and I were using...plus they are just cute when working together :)
All in all, I had one amazing weekend and I am so glad that I live close enough to my parents that I can drive down to see them on the weekends when I can. They both are so supportive and loving and truly the best parents. I am so thankful for them, our relationships and all they have to offer. I honestly hope that one day when I have kids that I can be a parent to my children like my parents have been to me through the years.

It's a job in itself to try to get my dad to take a photo with me!
Even though these photos are blurry, I love them :)
On a side note, I can't wait to get a DSLR camera so that I don't have to continue having bad looking photos! November birthday, hurry up!!!

3 comments :

  1. Looks like a great weekend! I will have to try out that biscuit place the next time I'm in Greensboro! Be still my heart that thing looks amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...looks like such a fun weekend!!! i'm holding out to head back to my hometown (charlotte, actually! ;)) to get my hair done. i don't trust anyone else!!! ;)

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of you and your dad. So cute. Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...