photo logo_zps5azbhuwp.png

March 25, 2014

Georgia's Finest

You might remember a few weeks back when I told you that plans have changed and Will and I had to put a hold on going to NYC...*insert thumbs down*. Due to flight costs around Easter and work schedules, we knew that it just wouldn't work out (right now). After some talking, we decided to narrow down a new location that was within a) within driving distance and b) was somewhere neither of us had been to with each other. So with a few hours of research and a growing list of cities to consider, it dawned on me...Will had never been to SAVANNAH, and I hadn't been since I was in Girl Scouts! At that moment, I knew hands down this was where we had to go...and the decision was as easy as that!
Savannah, GA is one of the most stunning, charming and historically quaint cities I have ever visited and I can't wait to go back! There was a statement underneath the photo that you see above that I couldn't agree more with that said "Maybe it's the Spanish moss or the mint juleps, but something about this Georgia city makes us want to put on a sweeping gown and vintage ring and revel in the dark, creepy romanticness of it all". Seriously, could that not be any truer?

So y'all...I need your help! Throw me some recommendations of things to do, stores to shop, restaurants to eat at, landmarks we can't miss, you name it, I want to know about it! Being the planner that I am, I do have a small list created but nothing set in stone. We will be there for a few days and want are time in Savannah to be filled with lot's of fun and adventures!
But we do have TWO things already planned that I can't WAIT for! The first is a day spent with one of my favorite bloggers Emily of BowsandDepos and her beau!! Yes...it's okay to be jealous, ha! The second, is the place we are staying at. I had heard of a few friends who used airbnb and read some really great reviews so I decided to check it out and see if anything caught my eye. Remember in the movie The Holiday when the two women switched homes for a period of time? Yeah, the website that they used was airbnb! And sure enough, I found the perfect place! It's called the Diamond Oaks Treehouse and looks quaint and right up my alley. And the cost per night couldn't be better.

15 comments :

  1. Diamond Oaks Treehouse looks so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you decided on Savannah! And you're using AirBnB :) I have some recommendations for y'all, I'll send them once I organize my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah is one of my all time favorite places! I grew up in south Georgia and the Savannah river-walk is just the best place to be! I have some friends that work at VisitSavannah! I know they have a really great website for spots and restaurants that you should check out! so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have the best time! Such a beautiful city :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah is one of my favorite places!! there is a rooftop bar and the name is totally escaping me - but Megan for Style me Swanky just did a post on it . Obviously the river walk is great and anything else you'll do will be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Savannah is definitely on mine and the hubby's to-visit list!! I haven't been since my Girl Scouts days either!!! I'm hoping we will get a chance to visit from NC in the very near future! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I haven't been there since I was little!! I so want to go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way!!! This is so exciting! You must go to Custard boutique on Whittaker St. There are several little boutiques that I adore in that area. Another place that has the best tapas is Jazz's Tapas Bar. We seriously can't get enough of this place, and they have a "tapas for two" where you each get a soup or salad, four total tapas of your choice, and two desserts! They're she-crab soup is by far some of the best I've ever had (and living in Charleston, SC for 5 years I have tried a few ;) ). Broughton Street has a boutique named Fabrik that it pretty cool, and then there are also the big brand (Kate Spade, Urban Outfitters, etc). While you're downtown, check out the Bohemian bar/hotel on of River Street. I can't wait to hear about y'all's trip!

    Caitlin C
    www.withpearlsandastethoscope.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that treehouse looks like a dream, seriously! we tried airbnb for the first time in italy and absolutely loved it so i hope you have a similar experience!

    i am sooooo jealous that you get to meet up with emily and also that you get to go to savannah! it has been on my list of places to visit for about a year now and i desperately want to get down there. i will have to live with seeing your pictures for the time being but then hopefully i can get there myself!

    can't wait to hear all about it!

    xo mk
    goldhattedlover.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so so exciting!! My MIL used airbnb to find us a little cottage for a staycation when we just came back to Texas for a quick weekend. It was cute!! My mom knew all about it, and has also heard good things about airbnb from people she works with.

    Take lots of pictures of Savannah. It looks so charming.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh that little bungalow looks adorable!! When Brian and I visit Savannah in the future we’re definitely checking out airbnb.com!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fiancé used to live there and I just asked him what he would suggest. He needs to think about it...but maybe I'll circle back around and be able to share one of his suggestions! Sounds like a fun trip, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...he just suggested going to Tybee Island...Crab Shack or Pirate House.

      Delete
  13. Yay! I love, love, love Savannah. Y'all will have a blast. Cody had a soccer tournament there when he was in 6th or 7th grade, but I had no trouble keeping Noah entertained. While walking along the River Walk he kept talking aloud to "people" - whom I couldn't see.... Then he somehow caught the attention of a blind musician, which caused Aunt Caroline to freak out & run in the opposite direction! We took a tour of the old squares & homes and at the end when the guide asked if there were any questions, Noah raised his hand, "Do you put moss in ALL your tress?" Classic Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How much fun! I love Savannah!!! Hopefully, everything will be in bloom for your arrival.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I will usually respond back to you via email (not here on the blog)...It's easier for me that way and hopefully it sparks a conversation for us! It makes me giddy that you're here and took the time to leave me a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...